Saturday 18 March 2023
NSW Sailing League
Metropolitan Qualifier | 18 March 2023
Welcome to the Alfred’s!
Hosted by Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club on Saturday 18th March 2023, the NSW Sailing League is an exciting new one-design series for teams from clubs across New South Wales to battle it out to be the best team in the state!
Like the SAILING Champions League: Asia Pacific, clubs will compete with teams of at least 2 males and 2 females, and in both U22 and Open divisions. Teams will have the opportunity to qualify for the NSW Sailing League final, in April 2023. The NSW Sailing League provides teams with a pathway to compete against teams across the Asia Pacific.
Racing will be short course umpired fleet racing, onboard the RPAYC’s fleet of Elliott 7 keelboats. Teams will rotate/regroup as the event progresses ensuring all teams sail against other teams as many times as practical, followed by a finals series.
About NSW Sailing League
NSW Sailing League is about creating regular club vs club, supplied boat fleet racing that is the pathway for sailors to represent their club and for clubs to compete on a level playing field to fight it out for the best club in the State. The NSW Sailing League also provides the pathway for the top clubs to then qualify to compete against the best clubs from across Australia and then across Asia Pacific.
The foundation clubs of Newcastle Cruising Yacht Club (NCYC) and Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club (RPAYC) will each be hosting Legs of the 2022/23 NSW Sailing League from which the top clubs qualify for the NSW Sailing League Final. The 2022/23 NSW Sailing League events are:
- NSW Sailing League – Regional Qualifier: NCYC, 14/15 January 2023
- NSW Sailing League – Metro Qualifier: RPAYC, 18 March 2023
- NSW Sailing League – FINAL: NCYC, 15/16 April 2023
- Asia Pacific Sailing League – FINAL: RPAYC, May 2023
Like the SAILING Champions Legague: Asia Pacific, clubs will compete with teams of at least 2 males and 2 females, and in both U22 and Open divisions.
Metropolitan Qualifier (RPAYC)
The second Leg of the 2023/23 Season is to be hosted by RPAYC on the 18th March for the Sydney based clubs. The racing will be in the club supplied Elliott 7s for 12+ teams.
- Short course umpired fleet racing event.
- 8 identical one-design Elliott 7 boats.
- Each race is 12-15 minutes.
- Teams rotate/regroup as the event progresses ensuring all teams sail against other teams as many times as practical
- Teams are allocated to a boat in a race using the Pairing List / Grouping List which will be published before the first warning signal of the first day of racing.
- The regatta consists of a Qualifying Series & a Final Series. At the end of the Qualifying Series the top 4 placed boats qualify for the Final Series. The highest place boat in the Qualifying Series starts the Final Series with 1 win. The first boat to win two races is the winner of the Final Series.
- The Race Committee may change the format, terminate, or eliminate any flight or race, when conditions or the remaining time scheduled do not permit the completion of the intended format.
- The top 4 placed teams at the end of the regatta may apply for entry into the NSW-SL Finals. If further places are available, they may be offered according to highest placings i.e. 5th, 6th etc.
Further Event Information
- Narrabeen Sport and Recreation
- Metro Mirage, discount for competitors
- Airbnb’s – House accommodation for families
- Checkers Resort and conference centre, Terrey Hills
- Miramare Gardens, Terrey Hills
- Terrey Hills Caravan Park & Cabins
- Sydney Lakeside Holiday Park – Narrabeen
- Manly Beach Sebel (Accor hotels)
- Novotel Manly Pacific
- Palm Beach Apartments & Bed and Breakfast
- Avalon Backpackers Hostel
- Pittwater Eco YHA (youth hostel)
- Narrabeen Sands Hotel
Visitor parking is available in the Crystal Bay Car Park. Access the carpark via Crystal Street, Newport.
There is a walkway through the Crystal Bay hardstand area to access the club.
Enquiries & Contacts
National Sailing League
National Sailing League is a trading name of NSL Management Services Pty Ltd ABN 77 628 943 706
253 Esplanade. Brighton, Vic 3186.Australia
Phone: +61 414 470 066
© 2022 NSL Management Services Pty Ltd
Contact RPAYC for further information regarding facilities, and for sponsorship and marketing opportunities.
16 Mitala Street, Newport NSW 2106
Phone: +61 2 9998 3700