Register for a 'Sail Pass'
Temporary membership of Australia Sailing
By acquiring an Australian Sailing SailPass, racing participants (skippers and crew), will meet the requirements of Australian Sailing’s prescription, to Racing Rule 46.
(AS Prescription to RRS 46 – All persons on board a boat while racing, shall be members of a Club affiliated to Australian Sailing and have an Australian Sailing number, or, hold a valid SailPass)
An Australian Sailing SailPass will also provide racing participants with personal injury insurance cover, for the day/s that they are registered.
Register for a Sail Pass Today
Thank for Registering for a Sail Pass. Please advise your skipper that you have registered and your Australian Sailing Number.
1. Are you a Member of the Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club?
- Yes – Thank you for being a Member. By being a member of the Club, you have met the requirements of Racing Rule 46 and are not required to obtain an Australian Sailing Sail Pass. There is no need for you to proceed any further on this page.
- No – Please continue to follow the instructions in Step 2.
2. Are you already a Sail Pass user or do you already have an Australian Sailing Number?
- Yes – If you have previously registered for a Sail Pass (at RPAYC or any other Club affiliated to Australian Sailing), or you already have an Australian Sailing Number, you should register for your next SailPass, by using the Australian Sailing Number allocated to you. To continue, please REGISTER at the top of this page, using your Australian Sailing Number.
- No – Please continue to follow the Instructions in Step 3.
- Click here to find it Tip – If you think you may have an Australian Sailing Number or you can’t remember your number
- RPAYC Racing Schedule Tip – Check carefully the dates that you require a Sail Pass –
3. Are you NEW to Sail Pass?
- If you have never registered for a Sail Pass and don’t have an Australian Sailing Number, upon your first Sail Pass registration, you’ll be issued a new Australian Sailing Number, which you can also use for next time. To continue, please use the LINK at the top of the page ‘Don’t have an Australian Sailing Number’.
- A SailPass registration is the responsibility of all individuals who are not a member of an Affiliated Club and need to meet the requirements of RRS46.
- A crew list is the responsibility of the Skipper or Person in Charge of the boat. It lists the personal and emergency details for all crew onboard. Crew Lists are mandatory for each race and are submitted via the online race entry system.
Regardless of your Membership at another Club or your Australian Sailing status, RPAYC requires all Non-Members to register for a SailPass for the days they are racing at RPAYC.
Upon registration of a Sail Pass, there are 3 ways that your Skipper can be notified.
- You can forward you registration invoice/receipt. It has a full list of the dates that you have selected.
- You can provide your AS Number to the Skipper so that they may search you on the AS Number Finder – https://www.sailing.org.au/member-finder/
- Your Skipper can call the sailing office if the two options above are not convenient.
Firstly. a SailPass is ‘temporary’ and only provides the user, a means to comply with RRS46, on the date for which it is registered. SailPass users will still be required to ‘sign-in’ to the Clubhouse.
At present all SailPass registrations at RPAYC are free ($0.00), to all users of this service.