The post Christmas cruise saw 15 RPAYC cruising re-enter Lake Macquarie. Our last visit was 5 years ago due to COVID and dredging issues.
Lake Macquarie is arguably, one of the best cruising grounds in NSW.
A 10-15 knot westerly breeze made for a really pleasant sail up to Swansea where Marine Rescue, Lake Macquarie assisted us to successfully navigate the channel through to the lake.
What followed was 2 weeks of memorable cruising including:
• A rendezvous with the Lake Macquarie Yacht Club Cruising group
• A New Years Eve BBQ followed by a spectacular fireworks display at Wangi Wangi
• Sailing around the lake including some competitive “racing” for the coveted “Prize Giving Wine”
• Joining in the Wednesday afternoon racing at Lake Macquarie Yacht Club
• A BBQ ashore hosted by some of our Alfreds Cruising members (Bill and Dianne)
• Celebrating some significant milestones (70th Birthdays and 40th Wedding Anniversary), names withheld
And of course swimming and relaxing in some amazing locations.
If you are interested in getting involved with the Cruising Division, please reach out to the Rear Commodore Cruising, David Williams firstname.lastname@example.org or to stay up to date with our planned activities, you can sign up to receive the Cruising Newsletter HERE