A busy weekend for RPAYC sailors competing at the Sydney Harbour Regatta with the event in its 16th year with 16 RPAYC yachts competing.
Sydney Harbour Regatta is the state’s first major multi-club and multi-class regatta post-Covid restrictions, drawing 187 entries and 1,293 crew who completed 84 races across seven course areas thanks to MHYC and the eight supporting clubs and 87 wonderful volunteers (including our wonderful RPAYC volunteers).
Special mentions to:
* Russell Waddy ‘Allsail Challenge’ 1st & Steve Hatch ‘M’ 2nd in Performance Spinnaker Div 1 PHS
* James Pattinson ‘Ellipse II’ 3rd in Performance Spinnaker Div 2 ORC
* Chris Way ‘East Tiger VI’ 2nd in the Super 40 Class IRC
* Gerry Hatton’s Mat 1245 ‘Bushranger’ and Keiran Mulcahy’s King 40 ‘Soozal’, who took 2nd & 3rd respectively in the Open IRC Division . On ORC results, Bushranger took the win with ‘Soozal’ in 3rd.
* The Sydney 38 state trophy went to David Hudson and Peter Byford’s Pittwater-based Conspiracy from a hot fleet. Points from six windward/leeward races offshore, the first three in cool south-easterlies then warm north-easterlies off Manly beach to close out the pointscore, saw Conspiracy take the win.
Regatta Website: HERE
Full Results – HERE
Images & Video- HERE