The inaugural global women’s sailing festival “Steering the Course”, is a 10-day series of activities on and off the water. The event took place in the Northern Hemisphere from 21 to 30 May 2021 and it will take place in the Southern Hemisphere from 1 to 10 October 2021.
Steering the Course, supported by the IOC Development Fund (Olympic Solidarity Commission), was established to introduce women and girls across the globe to sailing, as well as to encourage those already engaged toward further developing their skills.
Events planned in the southern hemisphere include:
- Australian Sailing – Sept 30 Mara Stransky – Tokyo Olympics Webinar Series
- Royal Sydney Yacht Squadron – Ladies of the Sea Challenge
Oct 1 5:00-6:30pm Virtual ‘Preparing Your Body for Sailing’ fitness Oct 2-3
- Ladies of the Sea Challenge
Oct 4 5:00-6:30pm Virtual Celebration and Challenge winners announced Register here
- Newcastle Cruising Yacht Club – Steering the Course Pre-Conference Virtual Trivia. Oct 6 5:00-5:45pm Register here
- Australian Sailing – She Sails Leadership Conference
Oct 6 6:00-7:30pm
Sarah Kenny, World Sailing Sarah Styles, Director of the Office for Women in Sport and Recreation. Facilitated by: Sue
Cormack, Consultant and past facilitator of Sport Australia’s Women Leaders in Sport workshops.
- Middle Harbour Yacht Club – Inspirational Women in Sailing Breakfast virtual breakfast
Oct 8 8:00-9:15am
From conquering the southern ocean to competing at the top levels of elite sailing and everything
in between, these four women are blazing trails and setting new records in the world of sailing.
Hear from Nina Curtis, Lisa Blair, Alice Tarnawski and Bryony Gregory.