Cruising the Pacific Seminar, 16 November
- Ever dreamed about cruising New Zealand or the South Pacific. The South Pacific Sailing Network (SPSN) is comprised of a group of yacht clubs, marinas and marine businesses currently stretching from Panama to New Caledonia and down to NZ whose aim is to encourage and support cruising in the South Pacific.
Of course the option of departing Australia to arrive in the Bay of Islands in May in time to join the yachts heading north is always available.
Ross and Vicki who are members of SPSN are visiting RPAYC and will be giving an audio-visual presentation of their experiences in, and access to, New Zealand and the South Pacific islands. Naturally, they will also be ready to answer any questions you may have.
The presentation commences at 7:30pm, Pittwater Room.
Dinner available from Halyards Bistro prior
Christmas Cruise 2023
- With the announcement of the dredging of the Swansea Channel in time for this years sailing season and the likely restrictions on future dredging of the channel is has been decided to plan a Christmas Cruise to Lake Macquarie
- The current plan is:
Departure from Pittwater around 28th December and sail to Newcastle (approx. 48 nm)
– Rendezvous at Newcastle Cruising Yacht Club on 28 Dec
– 29 December – Short sail down to Swansea to enter the lake – approx. 14 nm in time for 13:00 hrs bridge opening.
– New Years Eve on the Lake
– 13 January – return to Sydney directly from Lake Macquarie (approx. 37 nm)
A Notice of Cruise will be issued shortly, but a reminder that you need to have completed a Short Coastal Safety audit prior to the cruise