Come Cruising at the Alfreds
Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club
Cruising at the Alfreds
For those who enjoy sailing at your own pace and in your own time, relaxing in an idyllic maybe exotic location, and even enjoying the occasional sundowner, RPAYC cruising events may be for you! Cruising activities are organised by the RPAYC Cruising Committee for all members and their sailing friends.
The aim of these events is to create a Club atmosphere in which members can enjoy non-competitive sailing, to encourage participation in organised cruise events, to share interesting and educational sailing information and to give club members more opportunities to meet other members and use the facilities of the club.
The RPAYC Cruising Committee organises a comprehensive event schedule which includes education evenings with expert and informative speakers, social events and sailing activities.
Stay up to date with events and activities of Cruising by joining the Cruising Newsletter today.
As a member of this great club, you have amazing opportunities for racing and cruising.
When you want to take a leisurely sail with family and friends to explore and relax, come with Alfreds Cruising. We like to relax, make new friends and go exploring.
Our cruising members have many miles of experience, not only in our own Pittwater, but up and down the coast from Queensland to Tasmania.
Join our organised trips that are safe and interesting, hosted by an experienced Club member
- First Friday seminars and dinners. Interesting speakers, great night out for families, friends and members
- Inshore cruises in the Pittwater/Broken Bay/Hawkesbury area, with their myriad of secluded bays, are arranged on a regular basis.
- Annual post Christmas cruise to a coastal destination over a period of around two weeks. Cruise planning and regular VHF Radio skeds are organised.
- Long weekend/public holiday coastal cruises including destinations such as Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Port Stephens, Sydney Harbour, Port Hacking or Jervis Bay.
- Long coastal cruises are organised around every 2 to 3 years and may range from the Whitsundays to Lizard Island or Yamba and the Clarence River, in the north. We also cruise south to Eden and, even Hobart. Timing can be from 2 to 5 months.
All cruising activities are supported by an extensive Seminar series. Whether it’s your first cruise or not we plan for the best and safest possible cruise.
Sailors the world over love to chat, share their experiences and gather together. We host events for Members and Visitors to build the confidence and camaraderie of those that are new to cruising, members, and visitors from around the world.
To Learn more, Click on the matching image preference below.