Cruising Events and News
Join the Cruising Facebook Group
- Selden for Sailing - Centreboard Winter Series 2020 (July 12, 2020 09:00)
- July School Holidays Training - Week 2 (July 14, 2020 09:00)
- July School Holidays Training - Week 2 (July 15, 2020 09:00)
- Wednesday Waterford Yacht Racing Series (July 15, 2020 14:00)
- July School Holidays Training - Week 2 (July 16, 2020 09:00)
- IYD Training Squad (July 16, 2020 09:00)
- July School Holidays Training - Week 2 (July 17, 2020 09:00)
Planned Cruising Events
August First Friday - TBA
With the club continuing to operate under restrictions it has not been possible to organise a First Friday. As soon as we are able to we will provide an update on the plans for August First Friday.
August Estuary Cruise - Coasters Retreat Walk (2-3 August)
The cooler months are a perfect time to explore the National Park. Take a gentle cruise to Coasters Retreat to pick-up a mooring and relax. There will be an opportunity to take the walk from the Basin to Mackerel Beach where you can catch the ferry back.
Keep your radio on Channel 77 for updates.
Breakout Cruise (8-16 August)
Over the week of August 8 - 14, 2020, the Port Stephens Breakout Series, hosted by Port Stephens Yacht Club, will be supported by a series of lead-in coastal races. The Sydney to Pittwater Race hosted by MHYC, Pittwater to Newcastle Race hosted by RPAYC, Newcastle to Port Stephens Race hosted by NCYC and three days of inshore racing in Port Stephens will all be sailed in conjunction with a Cruise in Company.
In conjunction with this Breakout Series there is also a cruise from Sydney Harbour to Port Stephens with the following schedule
- Saturday 8 August Sydney to Pittwater Passage
- Sunday 9 August Pittwater to Newcastle Passage
- Monday 10 August Newcastle to Port Stephens Passage
- Tuesday 11 August Rest Day
- Wed-Fri 12-14 August Cruising Port Stephens
- Sat-Sun 15-16 August Return to Sydney via Pittwater
More details of the cruise can be found here www.breakoutseries.com.au
If you are interested in joining any part of this cruise please contact Evan Hodge, Vice-Commodore Cruising MHYC directly via email firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone 0419 247 500
A 'Cruise Coordinator' flag
On every Club cruise you will be able to identify the Cruise Coordinator (Leader) boat as it will be flying the "L" flag. Whether in a bay, 'down the creek' or on the open sea the "L"flag will be prominent.
Members are reminded to fly their Club burgee at all Club on water cruising events. A burgee is available for purchase at Reception.