As a precaution to the growing local COVID-19 cluster our Club was closed on Friday 18 December for a period of 3 days. NSW Health has now announced a ‘stay at home order’ for all residents on the Northern Beaches. This order is currently in place until midnight Wednesday (23 December). Residents from outside of the Northern Beaches have been advised not to travel into the Northern Beaches Council area during this period.
The new health measures that apply to the Northern Beaches are similar to those that were in place in March 2020, however given the close proximity of the current cluster we must be particularly vigilant.
The current health measures require residents in the Northern Beaches Local Government Area to stay home unless it is for essential reasons. The four reasons you may leave your home include: –
- Shopping for food or other goods and services
- Medical care or compassionate needs
- Work or Education, where you cannot work from home
As I am sure that you can appreciate Club operations will no doubt change over coming days and we will keep you posted, however at this stage: –
- The Clubhouse (including gym) will remain closed to members until further notice.
- Reception can be contacted from Monday morning via phone (02 9998 3700) or email@example.com
- ‘Grab & Go’ take away will resume from Monday 21 December. Please access via the gate at the rear of the Clubhouse near A Arm.
- The Boatyard will be closed from Monday. This was as planned for the regular Christmas closure. Please contact tenants directly for their updated trading times should you require their services.
- Our Waterfront team will continue working throughout in limited numbers. They will keep an eye on the grounds and marina. Access to vessels is permitted, however if you would prefer not to come to the Club and you have any specific requirements to check your vessel please contact reception and our staff will attend.
- Our tender service will continue to operate with a maximum of 2 passengers and the vessel will be cleaned between trips.
- Organised sailing and training is cancelled until further notice.
- Although boating is considered an exercise, it is important that we all adhere to the NSW Government ‘stay at home orders’ over the next few days.
Please observe social distancing by keeping 1.5m apart, maintain hygiene with regular hand washing and also wear a mask in public.
More than ever, please look after yourself and those around you.