14 yachts from Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club competed at the Sydney Harbour Regatta over the weekend of 4th & 5th March 2023.
Congratulations to ‘LCE Old School Racing’ (Mark Griffiths) who won the SHR Open Class after a weekend of light air challenged the teams. Despite losing one of their crew overboard on Sunday, the team onboard ‘LCE Old School Racing’ did enough to stay consistent and hold onto the overall win.
In the Sydney 38 Division, ‘Conspiracy’ (Peter Byford & David Hudson) successfully defended their title for another year to retain the Sydney 38 One-Design NSW Championship. Despite going into the second day behind ‘Advanced Philosophy’, the team onboard ‘Conspiracy’ won three races straight to get back on top.
SHR Open Class – Div 1
- LCE Old School Racing (Mark Griffiths) – 1st IRC, 2nd ORC
- Soozal (Keiran Mulcahy) – 3rd IRC, 3rd ORC
- Bushranger (Gerry Hatton) – 4th IRC, 1st ORC
SHR Open Class – Div 2
- Bullwinkle (Peter Farrugia) – 2nd IRC & 1st ORC
SHR Performance Class – Spinnaker
- Ascalon (Ian Quarrie) –2nd PHS Div 1
- Xcalibur (Salvatore Ridulfo) – 4th PHS Div 1
- Allsail An Challenge (Bob Muggleton) – 7th PHS Div 1
- Kayimai (Rob Aldis) – 9th PHS Div 1
- Anitra May (Todd McLennan) – 6th PHS Div 2
SHR Performance Class – Non Spinnaker
- Allsail Leeward (Russell Waddy) – 4th PHS
Sydney 38 NSW Championship
- Conspiracy (Peter Byford & David Hudson) – 1st Overall
Super 40 Series
- Hooligan (Marcus Blackmore) – 2nd Handicap, 3rd Scratch
- Revolver (Michael Ritchie) – 3rd Handicap, 5th Scratch
- Condor (Ross Hennessy) – 4th Handicap, 4th Scratch