2023 Musto Optimist Class Australian Championship
6 January – 14 January 2023
Day 5 of the Championship greeted the fleet with morning showers before clearing to finish the day in perfect conditions on Pittwater. Only 2 races were required today to complete a full series after a tough last few days on the water waiting for ideal conditions for racing.
Hats off to the amazing efforts of our Green Fleet racers, they were first out each day and completed all their races + some special races home. They dealt with a variety of conditions from complete calm to white caps but soldiered on with the aid of a great team of coaches and support craft. All should be proud of their achievements this week.
Intermediate and Open Fleets some 150 of them battled the conditions in the ‘bigpond’ with four seasons in 5 days and some…
A few false starts saw the black flag used on a number of occasions throughout the week.
The comradeship with competitors shown throughout the day and week cheering each other on, be it on the water or back onshore helping each de-rig.
Congratulations to all competitors, race officials, sponsors and parents for making the 2023 Australian Championship a huge and memorable success.
- Zachary TAIT Like A Boss 1743 NSW NSC
- Jesse BUSSE Bazinga 1631 QLD MSC
- Rachael BENOY Tigger 1043 VIC SYC
- Henry ZUB Zub Attack 1522 SA BSYC
- Reid MARTIN Plan Sea 1728 QLD PDSC
- Cooper KENNEDY Lorelei 977 QLD PDSC
- Callum SIMMONS Every 1’s a Winner 1732 VIC IHYC / SSCBC
- Murray DUTHIE Salty 1516 WA SoPYC / FSC
- Augustas BUIVIDAS 1877 VIC SSCBC/SYC