The Pantaenius Kings Cup Race
Join us for the inaugural PANTAENIUS Kings Cup race which will be a fun pursuit race to raise awareness of the Alfred’s Community Sailing Program.
A fun, social and family event for all members, guests, participants in ACS programs and our ACS Supporters.
The race is a Pursuit Race start with Provisional Handicaps published on Friday. On Saturday in Halyards you can have the chance to better your handicap by spinning the wheel $50 a spin. Final handicaps will then be issued at 930hrs for the 1030hrs start.
Schedule of the events
- Provisional Starting Handicaps issued Friday 1700hrs
- Halyards Open for Breakfast – 0800hrs
- Handicap Wheel ‘Spin’ – 0800 – 0915hrs
- Final Starting Handicaps issued – 0930hrs
- First Warning Signal – 1025hrs
- Pursuit race start – 1030hrs
- BBQ Lunch, Games and Presentation – 1330hrs (ASAP after racing)
Join the race
The race will be a pursuit event. Boats will be able to spin the handicap wheel between 9-930 Saturday 10 June in Halyards to either better their handicap, remain the same or possibly be added to.
Each spin (with a max of 3 per boat) will have a handicap $50 fee.
Racing from 1025hrs, warning signal.
- Alfred’s Community Sailing Fundraiser Event
- Pursuit fun, family Race
- Spin the handicap wheel to try and better your start time
- Spinnaker hoist competition
- Prizes for Best dressed ‘Royal’ crew & boats
- Fantastic Alfred’s BBQ post-race $ 35. (Bistro open as well)
- Spin the wheel to wine some great awards
- All funds raised are in support of the Alfred’s Community Sailing Program