Lease a Boat to Train or Race in
Transitioning between Tackers 3 Learn to Sail and Club Green Fleet but don’t have a boat as yet?
Through the generousity of Carl Halvosen and dontations from Members the Club was able to obtain a number of Optimists, a Laser and a 29er for Members to Lease when enrolled in a Club Training Program ‘Green & Intermediate Fleet’ Training and Racing.
This is a great way to ‘try before you buy’ and contining sailing post Tackers.
Halvorsen Lease Scheme
Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club has a fantastic training initiative in place for those who are yet to own their own vessel or would like to trial a boat before committing to the purchase of one, the Halvorsen Lease Scheme.
There are a number of benefits to this scheme, including:
- Access to trial a vessel before committing to the purchase of one.
- Easy access to club facilities by having the boat already on premises at the club
- Member racking included foc at the Centreboard lawn. A great way to mingle with the Centreboard community and fellow club members.
The Halvorsen Lease Scheme is exclusive to members of RPAYC who are registered in a training course through the Sailing department.
The scheme offers a simple pathway from Tackers 3 Learn to Sail in to our Green & Intermediate Fleet program at RPAYC. The lease of a fibreglass Optimist will allow your child to easily transition into our squads (Green Fleet and Intermediate Green Fleet) and also see them participating in Club Racing with the Centreboard community and families on a Sunday.
Vessels Available for Lease to Club Members
The Halvorsen Lease Scheme has a variety of vessels available for lease to cater to differing levels of training, abilities and interests
Procedure to Lease
We have a simple Lease Procedure in place to lease a vessel via the Halvorsen Lease Scheme. By following these simple steps you are well on your way to sailing around beautiful Pittwater in an RPA vessel.
- Complete an application form Fill in a Halvorsen Lease Scheme application form outlining the dates you would like to lease the vessel email this to the Sailing Office firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure this is the correct form e.g To lease a Optimist please fill in the Optimist lease form.
- Delegation of equipment You will receive an email from the Sailing Office detailing the vessel you have been allocated, along with your lease start and finish dates. You are able to access the vessel from the first date outlined in the lease, one of our lovely Sailing Instructors will assist you in collecting your equipment and going through the items condition with you. It is highly encouraged that you take the equipment home with you following each session as we cannot guarantee the safety of the parts whilst out on lease. It is your responsibility to ensure the safety of the equipment whilst in your care.
- Completion of the Lease At the completion of the lease please notify your Sailing Instructor on the last day of training that you are retuning the equipment. The Sailing Instructor will go through each item with you and fill in a condition report. Lost of damaged equipment are payable by the user.