Youth Out There Program Information
Welcome to the Alfred's Australian Sailing (AS) Youth Out There Programs.
Sailing is such an incredibly versatile sport, it can be enjoyed by young and old, at adrenalin pumping levels or an avenue to enjoy a lazy Sunday afternoon. Best of all, it all starts here! In the Australian Sailing (AS) NEW Out There Youth Program by The Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club (RPAYC).
The Alfred's offers a simple training pathway for youth wanting to expereince sailing (keelboats or dinghies or Cats), SUPS or even Windsurfers. Courses are delivered by Australian Sailing (AS) accredited instructors following a national syllabus.
If you would like to discover sailing, we will provide a safe, fun, and affordable environment to build your skills.
Course Information - Youth Out There Program
Welcome to the Out There Youth Program 12-14 yrs
- Out There Experience Program - 09:00 - 3:30
- BBQ on the final day after class to talk to Instructors
Out There Youth Program 15-17yrs
What Class Should I Enrol in?
Out There Program Experience
OutThere Sailing is an opportunity for 12 – 17 year olds looking to try something new on the water, the OutThere Sailing program offers a fantastic way to experience sailing , have fun, make new friends and learn exciting and valuable skills that will help you both now and in the future. OutThere Sailing is open to all - you don't have to have sailed before. In most cases you will be on the water from day one as part of a group with an instructor close at hand. Depending on your location, you could be sailing, windsurfing, stand-up paddleboarding, going on a keelboat or powerboat.
Who should do this experience?
This experience is designed for participants who are 12-17 years-old looking to try a new activity, have some fun and engage with others whilst sailing.
Frequently Asked Questions
The RPAYC does offer a great Youth Membership opportunity for individuals and families and a wealth of benefits which includes DISCOUNTED courses.
Here is what you need to bring with every time you go on water:
- Clothes & Shoes – wear ones you don’t mind getting wet and will keep you warm on cold days.
- A change of clothes and shoes.
- Drink bottle, lunch and snacks.
- Hat – to keep you warm and protect you from the sun.
- …and loads of energy!
Youth Program Enquiry
Courses Coming Up
- July School Holidays Training - Week 1 (July 07, 2020 09:00)
- July School Holidays Training - Week 1 (July 08, 2020 09:00)
- July School Holidays Training - Week 1 (July 09, 2020 09:00)
- July School Holidays Training - Week 1 (July 10, 2020 09:00)
- July School Holidays Training - Week 2 (July 14, 2020 09:00)
- July School Holidays Training - Week 2 (July 15, 2020 09:00)