Kids Learn to Sail Course Information
Welcome to the Alfred's Australian Sailing (AS) Kids Learn to Sail Programs.
Learning to sail is one of the most satisfying and fulfilling activities a child can do. Sailing is such an incredibly versatile sport, it can be enjoyed by young and old, at adrenalin pumping levels or an avenue to enjoy a lazy Sunday afternoon. Best of all, it all starts here! In the Australian Sailing (AS) Tackers Program by The Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club (RPAYC).
The Alfred's offers a simple training pathway for kids wanting to get start sailing. Courses are delivered by Australian Sailing (AS) accredited instructors following a national syllabus.
If you would like to discover sailing, we will provide a safe, fun, and affordable environment to build your skills.
2019 Course Information - Discover Sailing Sessions or Australian Sailing Course
- Tackers 1-2-3 - 09:00 - 3:30
- BBQ on the final day after class to talk to Instructors
- Tackers 1 & 2 - 09:00 - 12:00
- Tackers 3 - 1:00-4:00
Courses Coming Up
- Class Training (September 22, 2019 09:00)
- Tactical Navigation & Race Planning Seminar (FREE EVENT) (September 26, 2019 19:00)
- Class Training (September 29, 2019 09:00)
- School Holiday Sailing Program (September 30, 2019 09:00)
- School Holiday Sailing Program (October 08, 2019 09:00)
- Kids Learn to Sail "Tackers" - Term 4 (October 20, 2019 09:00)
Active Kids Vouchers
The NSW Government is helping kids get active with the new Active Kids program and Australian Sailing is an approved provider. From 31 January 2018, parents, guardians and carers can apply for a voucher valued up to $100 (x 2) per calendar year for each school-enrolled child. Required at time of Registration. Apply for your voucher online here
What Class Should I Enrol in?
Tackers 1 - Having FUN
There is no experience necessary and no assumed knowledge, just come along to have fun and we'll take care of the rest. Register Kids and invite your friends to particioate for a great time out on Pittwater.
Tackers 2 – Tricks & Techniques
Tackers 3 – Sailing Fast
The final level is Tackers 3 – Sailing Fast! This is a chance for the kids to sail boats on their own, learning how to make the boat go faster and playing more games, all whilst still under the guidance and supervision of the Instructor and Assistant Instructors.
Frequently Asked Questions
The RPAYC does offer a great Youth Membership opportunity for individuals and families and a wealth of benefits which includes DISCOUNTED courses.
Here is what you need to bring with every time you go sailing with Tackers:
- Clothes & Shoes – wear ones you don’t mind getting wet and will keep you warm on cold days.
- A change of clothes and shoes.
- Drink bottle, lunch and snacks.
- Hat – to keep you warm and protect you from the sun.
- …and loads of energy!