Join the Crew today
Are you wanting to crew on a boat to go racing, cruising or do a delivery? Or are you a boat owner needing crew? How do you let others know you are available?
The RPAYC recommends the use of MySail Team or Sailconnect, Click on the corresponding Icon.
- No experience or qualifications necessary
- Yachts needing crew can contact you directly through secure messaging portals.
- Free way to get involved in sailing and stay in contact with eachother
- For those looking for a ride, the boat register is a great way to take charge of your experience and get in contact with RPAYC members.
- By registering on the Crew or Boat Register your basic details will be viewable to the public.
- Please note: The sport of sailing can be a high risk activity. There is a significant element of risk in any activity associated with the outdoors and that persons participating as crew on a yacht or boat may be exposed to physical, mental and emotional hazards, adverse weather conditions and/or other unanticipated an unforeseen risks and dangers, and participate at their own risk.
Go Sailing. Simply.
Find, Promote, Engage & Share
Whether you've crossed an ocean or just keen to get out for a social twilight race, there is currently nothing easy about engaging with the sport of sailing.
You can't maintain a single, true profile of you, you can't promote your skills & expectations and it's made overly difficult to move between boats and clubs, let alone find a ride when interstate or overseas.
We know you're more than a name and number on a blackboard, so we're going to help you share it.
Finally you're in control, Manage your Profile, Find Events & Boats, Register your Interest and Engage, Share and Enjoy with everyone.
Member Point Club App
- Coming Soon
Yacht looking for Crew:
Training Courses & Race Day's
The RPAYC can provide Sail Training opportunities through our Training Academy in both Dinghy and Keelboat. Visit the Training page of the Clubs website for full details. https://www.rpayc.com.au/courses In addition to the Crew Register is a Casual Crew Register that is kept on a white board outside the sailing office. This list is available for crew who are members or non-members and is only available for crew who are ready to sail on the day if a position can be found. Placement on this register is only available for crews that are in the clubhouse. When visiting the club on a race day ask Reception to point you toward the Crew Captain of the day who can assist you finding a boat to sail on. It is advisable to check with the Sailing Office prior to the race day to confirm starting times and the best time to arrive before the race or cruising event. If you require further information on the Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club or the Crew Register please phone the club on (02) 9998 3700 and the staff will be happy to help you with your inquiry.