Dicko Cup Australia Day Long Weekend
Dicko Cup: 25th - 27th January, 2020
The Dicko Cup originated in early 1950s by S.R. Dickinson whose role was the organiser, handicapper, judge and sailing committee for the “Dicko” Cup. Originally being held on New Year’s Eve and continuing onto New Year’s Day the event started as a fun loving event with no prerequisites to enter only a “carnival spirit.” Boats from all over Sydney would migrate to Pittwater to enjoy the company of Dicko and his wife as they were renowned for their hospitality.
Nearly 60 years from when the Dicko Cup started the RPAYC still celebrates this event based around the roots of the “carnival spirit.” The event has transformed into the Dicko Cup Marathon & Hallets Beach Cruise for the Australia Day weekend.
This year Race 2 of the Series will be hosted by the Avalon Sailing Cup with their annual Australia Day Regatta.
- * 25 JAN 2019 - RACE 1 - DOWN TO HALLET'S BEACH (SAUSAGE SIZZLE & PRIZE GIVING)
- * 26 JAN 2019 - RACE 2 - AVALON SAIING CLUB - AUSTRALIA DAY RACE OR ENJOY A CASUAL GET TOGETHER ON HALLET'S CRICKET RAT RACE (OR JUST A QUIET BEER) ** Separate Entry for ASC Regatta
- * 27 JAN 2019 - RACE 3 - FOR THE DICKO CUP - HALLETS TO THE CLUB (PRIZE GIVING IN HALYARDS AFTER THE RACE)
- ENTER HERE: https://www.topyacht.com.au/db/kb/series_select.php?EventID=1159
- Dicko Cup Australia Day Long Weekend (January 27, 2020 21:00)