I hope that you are all well.
Thank you everyone for your patience over the last few months while construction has been occurring at the Club.
You will be happy to know that the lower car park resurfacing project, boatyard fencing & pathway project and the new Clubhouse roof project have all been completed. For more details on these projects please see the below ‘Building Notes’.
During the replacement of the Clubhouse roof the builders installed temporary props to support the weight of works on the roof. We also removed a number of old skylights, installed plasterboard ceilings and lighting above the stairs, hallway and ladies’ toilets. While this work was being carried out, access upstairs was restricted and therefore our Food & Beverage operation was limited to the ground floor of the Club.
Now that the roof and other upstairs building work is complete, we will be reopening Edinburgh Bar for Friday night drinks. Thank you to our regular Friday night customers that have continued to meet for Friday drinks in Halyards throughout the building program. I am sure that you will be happy to get back into the Edinburgh Bar from 5pm this Friday. Please note that COVID-19 measures remain in place and adherence is still required.
The current health measures and restrictions that are in place can often be frustrating and sometimes the inconsistencies are difficult to accept. Please be aware that the staff at the Club are doing their best to make sure that we adapt to the ever-changing rules and comply with measures of NSW Health. Hopefully with the positive signs of reduced community transfer of the virus and lower numbers of active cases we will see some of the current measures being eased, however in the meantime there is no room for complacency. The Club has had 4 surprise visits from different government agencies to check our COVID Plan and compliance. I am happy to say that the inspectors have been satisfied with our operation each time.
Building Notes: -
During the recent building work at the Club there were a number of improvements made in addition to just resurfacing the car park and putting a new roof on the Clubhouse. Following are details of just some of the improvements that were made.
Boatyard Fencing, Access Control and Entry Path: -
- Improved entrance path for members and guests
- New access path from the car park to Green Point Hardstand, Boatyard Office and tenant facilities
- New timber fencing facing the entrance and car park area with a large automated sliding gate and increased gate opening width to allow truck access
- Increased landscaping and improved lighting
- The removal of brush fencing, which was replaced with a metal fence between the boatyard and the Clubhouse
- New chain-wire fencing and access control gates to regulate access into the boatyard
- Improved safety for pedestrians with a well-defined path, eliminating the shared roadway bottleneck at the boom gates and improved visibility at the laneway between the Clubhouse and the Boatyard.
Car Park Resurfacing: -
- Improvement to levels to reduce rain water pooling
- Installation of underground conduits and pits to allow for future services, particularly to the marina facility
- Installation of spoon drains on the ring road around the Club
- Installation of a water diversion/ speed hump
- An increased number of car stops to improve safety (particularly on the edge of the sea wall)
- New concrete curbing at the entrance
- Improved glass bead line marking (noting that the line marking will also be improved on the upper 2 levels of the car park and also sections of the Crystal Bay Hardstand to better define boat areas and the pedestrian path
Clubhouse Roof Replacement: -
- Structural and Hydraulic Engineer review
- Installation of bridging between purlins to increase structural integrity
- Installation of safety mesh below roof sheeting
- Improved insulation
- Roof safety points were installed for those that work on the roof in the future
- Installation of hail guards
- Increased number of stormwater outlets
- New ceilings above the stairway and female toilets and improved lighting to these areas and the hallway
- Painting of the above areas, upstairs lobby and reception
Check out the improvements next time you’re at the Club.
Please look after yourself and those around you.