The Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club seeks to reinvigorate affordable and exciting One Design class Yacht Racing. The RPAYC recognises that in order for those with the responsibilities of raising a family to balance these commitments with their sporting desires, an affordable and time considered product needs to be developed.
The Racing Program
The One Design and Sports Boat Racing Program has been specifically designed to cater for those busy sailors who are unable to compete every weekend.
The Series are:
- One Design Sprint & Sports Boat Series (on one/two Saturdays per month throught Spring & Summer) and Four Seasonal Regattas (held throughout the year)
- For the full sailing calender refer to the Sailing Calender for event dates or the Sailing Handbook.
Series and Regatta Racing entry are free for members who are Facility Holders (i.e permanently store their boats on the hardstand).
Season Fees include - Tuesday Twilights, Wednesday racing, Thursday Twilights, Saturday Sprints, Saturday Broken Bay, Lion Island Series, Winter Series, Early Bird Series and Two Handed Series.
- Members who are not Facility Holder's Entry fees are seasonentry $375 (all club racing) or $30 per race as a casual entrant or $130 per regatta.
- Non member Entry fees are $800 per season (all club racing) or $40 per race as a casual entrant or $180 per regatta.
A minimum of three boats are required for a seperate class start, otherwise classes will sail in mixed divisions.
One Design & Sports Boat Racing Calendar 2016-17
Sprint Series from 1300hrs
Saturday Sprints x 8 Rounds, 3 races per round
One Design & Sports Boat Regatta's from 1100hrs
November - 12 & 13
February - 25 & 26
May - 13 & 14
July - 8 & 9
Online Entry System
Vessel Access and Storage - SPECIAL OFFER
A special rate is offered to members who whish to use the Crystal Bay hardstand for convenient storage. The cost will be $150 per month, per boat provided that;
- Participants monthly in club racing or Regattas
- Boats must be stored in the designated area. Vessels will be stacked to maximise space allocations
- Must be stored on a single axle trailer/trolley which allows for single handed moving.
- Max boat length is 25 feet and boxes must not protrude over gunwhales
- Members must participate in the racing program. The vessel storage will revert to the full rate if racing does not occur within the month (no concessions)
- One boat per member
- Storage is continuous for a minimum of 4 consecutive months
For those members who do not store their vessels at the Club, access to the hardstand and crane can be made available once an induction has been completed and a $100 deposit paid.
Non members who wish to participate in the racing program can access the hardstand and crane to launch their boat, providing arrangements are made with an inducted member to assist.
Regatta Storage for Visiting Boats
Vessels visiting for a regatta will be provided with storage for the length of the regatta plus a day either side. Further days are charged at $15 per day. For further information and to make a booking contact the RPAYC Waterfront:
Ph: 9998 3700
One Design Classes
- Elliott 7
- Melges 24
- Couta Boats
- 11 Meters
- Other classes will be considered upon application to the Race Committee (min numbers required).