The RPAYC provides storage for members sailing dinghys that are activiely involved in Centreboard racing and training. This storage area can be found on the northern end of the yacht club next to the Jack Gale Centre.
Application for a new Centreboard Storage Position
This application is for those who would like a space to store their dinghy. You will recieve the first available space, if no spaces are available, you will be placed on a waiting list. No boat is to be stored/left on the lawn or carpark, all boats shall have a licence agreement in place prior to occupying a rack position.
To assist the application process, please ensure that you;
- Are a current RPAYC Member (applications for storage can be made once a membership form has been received
- Have adequate insurance for the vessel, and are able to supply this to RPAYC
- Plan to regularly participate in club sailing
A racking application will go through several stages before it is approved and you are able to store your boat at the club. Please allow 1 - 2 weeks for this process.
- Complete the Online Centreboard Storage Application Form
- Provide the Sailing Office with a signed Centreboard Racking ByLaws Agreement
- Staff will review your application and allocate you a spot. You will the receive a Facility Holder Licence Agreement Form. This forms the basis of your racking contract.
- Complete and return to the Waterfront Office your licence agreement.
- You will now be able to store your boat at the club and the racking charge will be included in your monthly statement.
Priority Centreboard Storage for existing users
Priority storage is allocated to the most active sailors, and those who may not be able to access the higher racks. Applications will be presented to the centreboard committee on a monthly basis, every effort will be made to accomodate sailors on the lower racking space, but where the spaces are already full, this may not be possible. You must already have a storage space in order to be considered for a priority space, this means you must have completed the aboave application before completing the below form.
Centreboard Storage Fees (current)
Centreboard Opti (bottom level)
Centreboard Opti (middle/top level)
|Centreboard Racks (bottom level)||$37.45||per month|
|Centreboard Racks (middle/top level)||$32.10||per month|
|Rigged Vessels (allocated areas only, lawn not permitted)||$58.85||per month|
As per the Licensing Agreement (part 19) and the Racking By Laws, "...one month’s notice of termination of agreement" is required. Notification is by email to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your boats name, sail number and rack number.
As per part 1 of the Racking Bylaws: "Racks are the property of the Club and are not transferable when boats are sold".