Australian Sailing Special Regulations Equipment Compliance
Competitors are reminded that all Australian Sailing (AS) Special Regulations Equipment Audit Forms expire annually on 30 June.
A boat is not eligiable to compete without a current audit on file with the club. A completed audit form is one signed by a club auditor and submitted to the Sailng Office. A 2016/17 RMS Sticker will be issued.
Competitors who will be entering a club Series (to race) or a Cruising event are required to submit a completed audit form (all expiry and supplementary documents; these may include EPIRB / PLB details as per AMSA website, Purchase recipits for Fire Extinguishers, Radio Inspection Forms, Liferaft Certificates) to the Sailing Office.
Audits can be arranged for Wednesday or a Saturday morning dependant on an auditors availability. Contact the Sailing Office to arrange your audit email@example.com or 9998 3700.
|Day||Time||Dates for 2017/18 Audits|
|Wednesdays||0900 - 1130*||7/06/17; 14/06/17; 21/06/17; 28/06/17|
|Saturdays||0900 - 1130*||3/06/17; 17/06/17; 24/06/17|
|*Note: Availability is based on Member Auditors Availability|
Boats with incomplete items for Category 7 audit will have 30 days to finalise their audit. Category 1-6 audits will have 60 days to finalise their audit. Boats failing to do so will have to re-book a full audit.
Which audit do I require to race or cruise at RPAYC?
To assist owners with the audit process and questions please read the following Audit Process and Owner requirements to assist your preparation for the new sailing season or view the Audit Resources Page which contains details on PFDs, Fire Extingushers, Flares.
Auditors are happy to assist any owners whom need clarification on regulations prior to the audit. Questions related to Special Regulations can be submitted to the Sailing Office.
Special Regulation Equipment Compliance Forms, download below:
|Audit Category||Cat 7||Cat 6||Cat 5||Cat 4||Cat 3||Cat 2||Cat 1|
|Radio Certificate Form||Cat 3||Cat 2||Cat 1|
- Category 1 – (Sydney to Hobart and Lord Howe races)
- Category 2 – (Blue Water Series: Pittwater to Southport, Boobdelun races)
- Category 3 – (Blue Water Series: Bird Island, Sydney Race, Pittwater to Newcastle races)
- Category 4 – (Short Offshore Pointscore Series)
- Category 5 – (Port Stephens regatta, Hamilton Island Race week)
- Category 7 – (All inshore and Broken Bay (to 02) racing, includes RMS requirements for sailing in Broken Bay and the Offshore Zone)
- Person-In-Charge Declaration form (required to be signed by all participants who are deemed the person in charge of the vessel whislt racing)
Cruising Green Book Regulations
The Club actively encourages safe sailing. Think safety, sail safely. The Club is very proud of its excellent safety record, however we believe this can only be maintained if we actively pursue a range of initiatives aimed at minimising the risk to the sailors and boats.
- The Cruising Regulations are also referred to as the Green Book. All boats participating in Club cruising events must comply with these regulations. There are several special regulations categories and these apply to different types of cruising events. These categories are Inshore, Short Coastal, Long Coastal and Ocean. For full details and information on the Cruising Green Book Regulations click here and or download the Regulations below.
- The Green Book RPAYC Cruising Regulations
Green Book Audit Forms
The following are the current Green Book (Cruising) Equipment Audit Forms used in the Club:
- RPAYC Cruising Regulations Audit Form INSHORE
- RPAYC Cruising Regulations Audit Form LONG COASTAL
- RPAYC Cruising Regulations Audit Form SHORT COASTAL
World Sailing Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS), Australian Sailing (AS) Prescriptions & Special Regulations
- 2017-2020 World Sailing Racing Rules of Sailing
- 2017-2020 changes to the rules summary
- Latest Safety Notices from Australian Sailing
- 2017-2021 Special Regulations
- 2013-2017 Special Regulations Information Page Australian Sailing
- 2013-2017 Special Regulations Amendments
The Racing Rules of Sailing & Australian Sailing Prescriptions & Special Regulations (e-Blue Book) can be downloaded online from Australian Sailing (note hard copies are no longer available).
The Racing Rules (does not include Australian Sailing Prescriptions or Special Regulations) can also be downloaded from iTunes as an app, search for World Sailing Racing Rules of Sailing.