The annual Dicko Cup Marathon weekend is scheduled for 28 & 29 January, 2017. All members, family and friends are invited to participate and enjoy one of the clubs highlight events for the season.
Whether you participate in either the Saturday, Sunday or both races or Sunday rally, everyone is invited to meet on Hallets Beach and spend the evening there.
There will be a 'free' sausage sizzle on the beach at Hallets on Saturday evening and the second race back to the club as well as a 'Cruising Rally' from Hallets back to the Club on Sunday.
To enter for the races for the Dicko Cup, click here (enter prior to Saturday). There is no need to pre-enter the Sunday Rally - just be on the beach on Saturday evening for the Rally briefing.
· The regatta will be governed by the ‘rules’ as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing (2017-2020) including the current Special Regulations and Prescriptions of Australian Sailing (AS), this Notice of Race (NoR) and as modified by the Sailing Instructions.
· All boats shall have a valid Australian Sailing Category 7 or a Cruising Inshore Special Regulations Equipment Audit Form & submit their audit form to the sailing office if not already on file.
· The "Marathon" Series includes two races for boats wishing to compete for the principal trophy, the "Dicko" Cup.
· The Dicko Cup is a Non-Spinnaker event as per The Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club Sailing Handbook GNoR&SI 19.
· A casual race will be conducted on Saturday 28 January for boats wishing to compete flying spinnakers.
· BBQ facilities and a club sausage sizzle will be provided at Hallett's Beach.